Tuesday, November 10, 2009

An Amazing Week!!!

This past week has been really awesome!!! We had 3 baptisms. Noah Jordan, Brynn Conner and Tyler Lester, they are amazing. Granted Elder Bland and I didn't do the actual baptizing, but we were the witnesses and it was amazing. You could truly see the light of Christ turn into the gift of the Holy Ghost, it's amazing I only wish I would have known how important it was when I was their age.
We have this family that we have been teaching the Pelzer's. They moved from Maryland to find God. They don't know why they're here but they are!
Here is the family web!
Richard and Joyce (grandma and grandpa)
Rich and Nova (son and wife, also a step mom)
Brooke (Nova's daughter, different father than Rich)
Rich and Chasity (Rich's son, Chasity is his girlfriend)
I hope that makes sense, but we have already been teaching Rich and Chasity, but they invited their grandparents and parents to met with us. So last week we were teaching Joyce and Richard, it was the first discussion and I committed Joyce and Richard to baptism on the 28th of this month!!! That was my first one, and I was so excited that they said YES!!! I can't describe the spirit I felt when I was just talking about the importance of baptism and how we all need to be baptized with the true and right authority. IT WAS AWESOME!!! Tonight we are meeting with them again and we are going to commit everybody else, so please pray for us!! Tonight at 5:30pm!!! WOOT WOOT!!! We also have Carrie, Noah's mom committed for the 28th of this month. The a 10 year old boy named Josh Gittens committed for the 7th of Dec. Cool Huh!!!
Tomorrow I am going to be transfered. I'm not sure if it is Kanesville or Kaysville. My new com is Elder Ozoreo, he is from Brazil. I will meet him tomorrow. I am really excited.
I love the work and I am doing great. I love the spirit that I am feeling. It is amazing!!! I love you all and hope you are having a great week.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Elder Sawyer

2 comments:

  1. Elder Sawyer,

    I cannot speak for all, but I am positive that my family will agree...We are so blessed that you came into our lives (even if it was for a short while) You and Elder Bland taught us quite a bit about the LDS religion and of course God, the father, Jesus Christ, the son, and the Holy Ghost. We can see the light, and we know that we do need more faith in our lives, and we shall continue to do so. We wish you well may God Bless you and keep you safe.
    **Oh also...we are sorry to confuse you, but Rich is actually Brooke's biological daughter :) Rich & Brooke are siblings, just different mothers :)

    We shall hopefully see you again soon!
    Love,
    Nova Pelzer

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just busy, busy, busy! He sounds wonderful! I'm so glad.

    ReplyDelete