Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So many appointments...

Well, the work is going well, Noah and Carrie ended up not being able to be baptized because they didn't complete the requirements of going to church last week. They didn't go because of the Swine Flu that everybody up here has, so that was disappointing. We did however set up an interview with Noah tonight, he will be baptized Saturday. Carrie however, will be baptized on the 28th of this month.

We went to give Tyler the 14 year old his baptismal interview and he wasn't there so we called him and he was up hunting...:( So we had to set up another time for today! Hopefully he will keep this one! As far as Cathy and James they did get their job so thank you so much for everything you have done in their behalf. They will be moving as soon as they can get the money to go down there. They are a great family. I just pray that they realize the hand of the Lord in their lives! Last night we went to Mike and Cami's. He answered the door and while we were talking to them both Mike said he wanted to be baptized so we set up an appointment to teach him and their daughters for this Wednesday. But as soon as Cami answered the door this dog came running out and started trying to bite Elder Bland and I, but Mike quickly tackled him and we were saved from the BEAST! haha Yeah Mike is a Jehovah's Witness, but not for long! Muhahaha

We have spoken in church once and it was another farewell experience. Elder Bland left me with 5 minutes. Oh well. I was asked to speak on the importance of listening to our prophets and local leaders. Last Sunday we taught the Young Women of the 4th ward about how to invite a friend to meet with us. It was really fun! We are working with 2 Stakes: The Soda Springs Stake and The Grace Stake. There are a total of about 20 wards or so. It's so far apart that it makes it hard to get to appointments on time and that really drives me crazy!

As far as my food fears, they have been tested that's for sure! I had Elk soup last night. Then we had moose, and the most horrible thing I've had to choke down while I have been here is...ready for this...About a week ago a family just sat this plate in front of me, and it was smoked trout..people I HATE FISH and it was horrible! Heavenly Father really has a sense of humor to sit and watch me eat that!

I love this work! I love the people I am able to teach and get to know! It's a friendship on such a different level than anything else I have ever done, I love it. I look forward to your letters!! Thank you so much for everything you do for me continually.

Love
Elder Sawyer

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww...what a great letter! That put a huge smile on my face. I especially love the part where he talks about Mike and does the Muahaha!
    And the fish....lol....I was just dyin! Would have LOVED to be there for that!

    ReplyDelete